[TowerTalk] Dipole resonates lower than expected.

Rex Lint rex at lint.mv.com
Sun Oct 16 23:02:42 EDT 2005

The 2005 handbook says,
"If insulated wire is used, a 3 to 5%
shortening beyond the standard 468/f
length will be required to obtain resonance
at the desired frequency. This is caused by
the increased distributed capacitance resulting
from the dielectric constant of the
plastic insulating material. The actual
length for resonance must be determined
experimentally by pruning and measuring
because the dielectric constant of the insulating
material varies from wire to wire."

Rex Lint, K1HI
26 Brek Dr.
Merrimack, NH 03054