[TowerTalk] new ham with and old R6 Question

kelly mcnutt kmcnutt at cinci.rr.com
Mon Oct 17 03:51:38 EDT 2005

New to this wonderful hobby! Currently  learning code and will
(hopefully) be General by Christmas-
-I acquired and old R6 50' tower that, for its age, is immaculate. My
idea is to sacrifice one ten foot section to make the tower a tilt over.
It will be anchored at the 15' level with a bracket attached to the
house. Cant use guys due to the station manager/XYL  edict HI
HI.................so net height will be 40'. I have a Wilson Tri band,
a 2/440, and a scanner antenna that will initially be up---fed down to
an automatic switcher, followed by 150' of hard line in to the shack.
My question is two fold---is this practicle, and does anyone have plans
to fabricate a fold over, or any ideas???
thanks
73
K8MCN