[TowerTalk] Concrete Fiber

Doug Rehman rehman at surveil.com
Mon Oct 17 20:33:09 EDT 2005

Thanks to everyone for their comments and experiences.

I decided to not use the fiber because of lightning concerns. My tower base
is a welded rebar cage (Tri-Ex LM-354HDSP), so the base will act as a Ufer
ground bonded to the main grounding system.

I couldn't find any literature about what happens to the fibers if the tower
takes a hit and the concrete conducts some serious current. While nothing
may happen, I decided not to gamble on a complete unknown. It would make an
interesting research project though.

Doug
K4DDR