[TowerTalk] K6STI's Coil program?

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 18 13:03:41 EDT 2005

At 06:59 AM 10/18/2005, Juha Rantanen wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm building a shorty-forty with loading coils. Everything else is
>designed and partially built but I still need to verify the coil design.
>I noticed from several sites in the internet that K6STI's Coil -program
>is a reliable one. Only one but, where can I get it? I have gone through
>numerous websites without any luck. I tried to send email to K6STI to
>some email address I found but it bounced. Any help? Or if you know any
>good substitute please advise me.
>
>Juha OH6XX

There are several outstanding programs around that can do this sort of
thing, but before sending you on a hunt for something that isn't what you need:

What coil design/performance information do you need?  L? loss? coupling?

How accurately do you need the numbers? (10% good enough, or do you need
sub 1% accuracy?)

Is the coil closewound or spacewound (makes a difference in the amount of
"proximity effect"
for Rac... if the turns are spaced >5 times wire diameter, you can probably
ignore proximity effect and just use skin effect)

Jim, W6RMK