[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 34, Issue 87

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Wed Oct 19 13:11:17 EDT 2005

Not the Rohn 45 or 55. The only towers that will withstand such high winds
are ones designed specifically to do so.  I was designing my Heights Tower
to hold up to 125 MPH winds and constructed  a spread sheet to do the
analysis.  They provide the engineering design analysis.  Last I checked
some time ago it was available on their web page.  But that was some time
ago.  I told my wife that the neighbors did not need to worry about my
tower, their houses will blow away before the tower falls. I had planned on
putting much more on my tower than I have so it is good for the winds we
have around here in Kentucky.  They figure in appreciable margin in their
design and by picking the right pieces you can build just about anything.
And then you can add guy wires to boot.
I had to as for a custom made bottom sections when I added another 32 feet
to my tower. I had to use much thicker wall aluminium tubing than was stock
because I did not want to have to pour an new wider base for wider
sections. No problem, they made them up in very short order.  If you have
any questions just ask for Drake.  Strong towers are not cheap.
   I just checked their webpage look at this:
<http://www.heightstowers.com/latest_news_&_developments.htm>

73
Bill wa4lav