[TowerTalk] Force 12 5BA

Jim kj0m at mchsi.com
Sat Oct 29 12:35:11 EDT 2005

On Oct 29, 2005, at 11:00 AM, "Bill Jackson" <k9rz at radiks.net> wrote:

> Looking for comments, pro or con about the Force-12 5BA as a
> replacement for an aging KLM KT34XA.  I realize it requires three
> seperate feedlines, but adding a remote coax switch at the top of
> the tower is not a problem.  I am also looking for WARC band
> coverage which the KT34XA does not provide.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> 73 de Bill, K9RZ

Hi, Bill.

I've had a 5BA up for 3 years now in SD. No problems and works very
well. It's mounted on a US Tower 72' retractable tower just above the
thrust bearing. It's big, but easily built and has nice SWR on all 5
bands. Not having used or owned a SteppIR, I wouldn't comment on the
differences. The 5BA is a great antenna IMO and would serve you well.

73,

Jim
KJ0M

._._.