[TowerTalk] [Amps] Toyota SUV's For Mobile?

Dan Hearn dhearn at wwnw.net
Sun Oct 30 21:10:59 EST 2005

I have had no problems running my Yaesu ft857 in a Toyota Highlander. The hf
antenna is mounted on a 12 inch square aluminum plate attached to the top
lugage rack with tie wraps. The cross rails were set to the rearmost
position and a copper strap connects the plate to a tapped hole in the top
edge of the rear door opening. The rubber gasket seals the copper strap and
coax nicely and no water leakage problem. 73, Dan, N5AR