[TowerTalk] Coax cutter

Tom Anderson WW5L at gte.net
Fri Sep 2 19:19:45 EDT 2005

Fellow tower talkians:

Anyone know of a good coax cutter/trimmer?  I've looked at the one at
Radio Shack, but it just goes up to RG6 and RG 58, and doesn't list
RG213 or RG8.

I've also tried three different Fry's Electronics, but they never seem
to have the right one in stock for RG8/RG213.  Theirs is always for RG58
or RG6 tv or satellite TV coax.

I've used a PVC pipe cutter for some time, but it doesn't seem to do the
clean job that the standard coax trimmers do like leave the center
conductor bare with a small amount of bare shield.

Tom, WW5L