[TowerTalk] Best choices for 27' height limit.

W3OA w3oa at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 15 13:30:21 EDT 2005

Jesus -

I agree with Pete - Don't quit.

On my first call to the zoning office I was told there was a 40 foot
limit.  Then I bought a copy of the zoning ordinance and studied it.  It
looked to me like ham towers were exempt from the limit.  Then I went in
and talked to the head of the planning office. He agreed with me. Lesson
learned: Sometimes the people who answer the phone just give you a
"safe" answer if they don't know the real answer.

Just finished installation of my stack yesterday.  A C-4E at 70 feet and
a C-3E at 40 feet all mounted on a Heights fold over tower and connected
with a Comtek Systems Stack-2 stack switch. I'm a happy ham.

Good luck with your system.

Dick - W3OA