[TowerTalk] Digging a tower foundation hole

Patrick list_patrick at complete-office-installations.com
Fri Sep 23 12:29:38 EDT 2005

Bob Gates wrote:
> TTers,
>
> I happen to totally agree with Hector.  The "day laborers" Steve referred to are hard working
 > men trying desperately to support their families.  Politics aside, I
feel that the terminology
 > was beyond politically incorrect, and I feel that an apology is in
order.  No "Cheers" in that message.

> 73, Bob W7BJ

Did I miss something in the thread?

   Steve referred to the laborers as "Mexicans". Are they not Mexicans?
I don't think you have to apologize for referring to a Mexican as such
nor implying that they are a source of cheap labor. As Hector pointed
out, some are and some are not. Just like Americans. Some work for less
money than others yet I am not offended when that is pointed out to me.
Other countries refer to us as fat and lazy. I am not offended by that
either since I know some are and some are not. I refuse to give someone
else that kind of power over me or my thoughts and emotions. Life is too
short to take offense at what others say.

Patrick