[TowerTalk] ground radials connecting to chain link fence

Richard W. Harris Richard_Harris at byu.edu
Thu Sep 22 15:41:16 EDT 2005

Hi again,
I have had suggested that I connect my ground radials for my 160M tower shunt-fed antenna to the chain link fence on the west end of my property.  This is about 65 feet away from the tower and the fence runs about 1000 feet north south.  There is also a T-branch of this chain link that runs on my property line back towards the tower.  The closest this fence gets to the tower will be about 40-45 feet.  Anyone aware of any problems connecting the ground radials to this fence which is about 45 feet away?
Thanks,
Richard - KJ7CU

I'm getting close now.