[TowerTalk] GUYS and COAX

JamesMNelson james_junk_mail at comcast.net
Thu Sep 22 21:30:25 EDT 2005

My two cents worth.

 Cut the sheath back and see what color the copper shield is. Then cut the
shield and the dielectric back and see what the center looks like. You
should be able to cut these three items so that they look like door steps
and you can compare the inter and outer copper. See Below.

EX.

-------|

       ---------|

                -------|

                -------|

       ---------|

-------|

Maybe this will make sense and turn out correctly. If they are both gold and
close to the same color then you should be ok. I would start by cutting off
the first 10 feet, striping back and taking a look. The center of 7/8"
should be hollow so you may have had some migration there, but if this is
the new type of Andrews (The outer are rings and not cork screw) you should
be ok once you get to the point that the copper is gold. Maybe this rambling
makes some sort of sense and helps. Any questions drop me a line. I will see
if I can help.

Thanks,

james//

James M. Nelson