[TowerTalk] Low Bad DXing 40m beam

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Tue Sep 27 10:20:00 EDT 2005

A tram wire is normally connected above where you want the antenna mounted,
often to the mast above the top of the tower.  When you tension the wire and
add the weight of the antenna it exerts large side forces on the mast.  The
'back guy' attaches to the same point on the mast and to an anchor on the
back side of the tower away from the tram wire and is tightened to offset
the force from the tram wire.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net