[TowerTalk] Heavy Tower Delivery

David O Hachadorian k6ll at juno.com
Thu Sep 29 00:22:10 EDT 2005

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:14:34 -0500 "Steve - Jax" <steve01 at mchsi.com>
writes:
> Im interested in buying a US Tower or Tasijan tower but can't figure
> out how to get it off the truck when it shows up.  Do they let you
> know when the truck will arrive?  How do i get it ( 600-800 pounds)
> off the truck if its just me and the driver?  Appreciate any comment

If you bug them, they can tell you when it is going to show up.  Rent a
hydraulic engine puller from your local rental yard. Lift one end of the
tower while it's on the truck, put a piece if pipe under it for a roller,
then have the truck pull forward a few feet. Lower the end of the tower
onto the ground. Grab the other end and lift it, and have the truck drive
off. Lower the tower and roll it around on pipe rollers. A tow truck also
works well, if you have a cooperative driver.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.