[TowerTalk] Heavy Tower Delivery

k0myw@att.net k0myw at att.net
Thu Sep 29 08:21:05 EDT 2005

Another vote for a tow truck equipped with a extendable hydraulic boom.

Worked like a charm here with my 800-pound U.S. Tower HDX-555, taking only about 15 minutes. Cost about $50, including a $20 tip for the driver for his extra care in properly placing slings on the tower and for depositing it precisely where I needed it.

The real trick is getting the freight company to commit to a specific delivery time, so that you can arrange for the tow truck to be on hand.

One other thing: Before any extraction of the tower from the truck begins, check it over carefully for damage. The first tower sent to me was mangled by a numbskull forklift operator in the local freight yard. I spied the bent bracing in time, refused the delivery, and U.S. Tower readily shipped a replacement tower after the original was returned to them. Ideally the tower will arrive at your door aboard the same trailer into which it was loaded at the factory.

Have fun...

Mike, KØMYW

From: "Steve - Jax" <steve01 at mchsi.com>