[TowerTalk] Heavy Tower Delivery

Pat Chiles chilesp at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 29 10:56:14 EDT 2005

I just went through the same thing last November.  The tow truck was going
to be my solution until a neighbor who lives a 1/2 mile down the road
offered his front loader.

I insisted in my delivery instructions that the driver of the delivery truck
must contact me the night before delivery and the morning of delivery.  My
driver had a cell phone and US tower gave me his number when they notified
me of the shipment.  Unless it is your unlucky day, I think you will find
that the driver will work with you as far as timing etc.

Instead of chains, I bought a "nylon auto tow strap" from the local auto
parts store.  It was rated at about 5 tons and work very well as a sling.

Pat, K8PC