[TowerTalk] FSJ4-50b - Direct burial, or not?

Larry Schimelpfenig k7sv at adelphia.net
Sat Apr 1 09:35:01 EST 2006

The following comments specific to the superflex cable were found in the
document I referenced earlier. This would seem to hint at internal use as
suggested by others, however, I've had very good luck with using it
outside.ble axtraflexible
ease of installation

in tight wiring spaces in shelters,

radio rooms, and plenums. These cables

are perfect for antenna and equipment

room jumpers. Like all HELIAX cables,

superflexible cables feature a solid outer

conductor for unsurpassed electrical

nical performance. A polyethelene

foam dielectric offers excellent

Complete Product Range

Andrew now offers a complete range of cables to meet

every application and budget requirement. HELIAX superflexible

and extraflexible cables are available in a wide

range of sizes and constructions for general use, plenum,

and flame retardant applications. The HS series cables

feature a star-shaped dielectric and superflexible

construction. They are for use in plenum applications.

The HST superflexible cables are for high power

applications. These new cables feature a star-shaped

dielectric which offers higher power handling at higher

temperatures than any other flexible cable. A wide

selection of connectors and factory manufactured

assemblies in both standard and custom jumper

configurations is available, to complement Andrew cable

and make system planning easy and simple.