[TowerTalk] Lightning Bolt Quad

Matt Patterson mattpatt at 1starnet.com
Thu Apr 20 12:11:58 EDT 2006

I've owned a 2el lightning bolt quad and one of my friends has one as well.
I used the single transformer method to feed mine.  My buddy used a remote
switch and individual feeds.  We lived only a few miles apart and antennas
were at relatively the same height.  We did many comparisons on which was
better.  In the end, about the only difference we could agree on was that
his SWR was a little lower than mine.  Mine was on average 1.5:1 across all
bands and his was pretty much flat.  I was able to switch bands alot faster
than he could but other than that everything was pretty much the same.  FWIW
my quad eventaully got struck by lightning and was completely destroyed.

73 Matt
W5LL