[TowerTalk] WTB - Climbing belt and adjustable "pole" strap

ersmar at comcast.net ersmar at comcast.net
Tue Aug 1 00:16:00 EDT 2006

JC:

     I have a belt and positioning strap from Buckingham ( http://www.buckinghammfg.com/linemen/pcbb.html .)  I believe the model 1958 is closest to the one I have.  My positioning strap is from their Arborist catalog ( http://www.buckinghammfg.com/arborist/ps.html .)  My model is 386699E.

     With the adjustable feature of the strap, I can hook onto the tapering Trylon tower anywhere, without too much difficulty.  No matter where I am on the tower, I always run the strap THROUGH the tower, and not around it.  This would be more important for straight section towers like Rohn, where you might be able to slip all the way to the ground if your belt merely goes around the tower and you were to lose your footing.

     The trouble is this stuff might be a bit on the pricey side.  I bought my belt from someone else, used, so I was able to affford a bit more for the strap.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: "JC Smith" <jc-smith at comcast.net>