[TowerTalk] High-Voltage Testing

crawfish crawfish at surfmore.net
Tue Aug 8 22:45:20 EDT 2006

A megger is slang for a megohmmeter. In fact, a company sold their megohmmeter under the trade name "Megger". This is also known as a hi-pot( or high-potential)tester. We use them every day in our manufacturing plant to check out the AC input to our equipment to insure that we don't have AC or DC leakage to ground. I used to check coax cables up to 40 kV. X-ray units have to be megged at up to 300 kV.
                                                             Joe W4AAB

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list