[TowerTalk] High-Voltage Testing

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 8 22:59:08 EDT 2006

Wow.... what does a 300KV voltage tester look like...how does it generate 
that high of a voltage?

73, DX, de Pat AA6EG aa6eg at hotmail.com;
                  Skype:  Sparky599

>From: "crawfish" <crawfish at surfmore.net>
>To: towertalk at contesting.com
>Subject: [TowerTalk] High-Voltage Testing
>Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 21:45:20 -0500

>A megger is slang for a megohmmeter. In fact, a company sold their 
>megohmmeter under the trade name "Megger". This is also known as a hi-pot( 
>or high-potential)tester. We use them every day in our manufacturing plant 
>to check out the AC input to our equipment to insure that we don't have AC 
>or DC leakage to ground. I used to check coax cables up to 40 kV. X-ray 
>units have to be megged at up to 300 kV.
>                                                              Joe W4AAB
>TowerTalk mailing list
>TowerTalk at contesting.com

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list