[TowerTalk] Mounting distance Force 12 C3S and EF140

ec1cwg at dxhunters.com ec1cwg at dxhunters.com
Thu Aug 24 05:59:50 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ellam, Timothy St. J." <Tellam at MCCARTHY.CA>
To: <towertalk at contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:29 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mounting distance Force 12 C3S and EF140

>I am mounting a Force 12 40M rotatable dipole-EF140-above my existing
> F12 C3S. I am planning on a 3' to 4' separation. Will that be
> sufficient? Anyone with a similar installation?
>
> 73
>
> Tim VE6SH

Hello Tim,
I´m having an Optibeam OB10-3W with a 40 meters rotatable dipole at 4´ over
it. Ain´t got any problem so far. Neither any degradation on lobes or
changes on SWR has been appreciated here. FB on yagi is better than
advertised on the manuals and the dipole has been one of my best purchases
(regarding antennas). On the other hand, I had a wire dipole for 40 and 80
meters located 15´ under the rotatable dipole and I noticed some changes on
SWR when the rotatable was placed parallel to the wire dipole. There were
some interaction among them that´s what I finally dismounted the wire
antenna and put a long wire for 80. You´re going to set up a good
installation though. Good luck. 73s!
EC1CT Fernando
E-mail: ec1cwg at dxhunters.com
URE & ARRL member