[TowerTalk] Mounting distance Force 12 C3S and EF140

K6XN k6xn at comcast.net
Thu Aug 24 06:57:32 EDT 2006

Team

I have had a KLM 40M dipole mounted three feet above a KLM KT34XA (6 element
tribander on a 30+ foot boom) for over 27 years. The KLM 40M dipole is
mounted parallel to the boom of the KT34XA and I have experienced *no*
interaction between the two antennas other than the 40M dipole resonant
frequency being lowered slightly because of its proximity to the boom of the
tribander.  This combination has worked well for me as I have worked and
confirmed 347 ARRL countries (including deleted countries but not counting
recently worked 4O3T and KH8SI and others) over the years with this setup.
The height of the antenna ensemble is approximately 63 feet (building permit
height restriction).

GL and 73, Ted, K6XN

ps Don't forget to lower your tower and antennas with any similar setup
*before* the big winds hit though. I learned the hard way last year. :-)