[TowerTalk] Need help on tower selection

Merlin-7 KI4ILB merlin-7 at sc.rr.com
Sun Aug 27 12:30:08 EDT 2006

 At first, I was going to move my rhon 25 tower from my QTH in SC to NC but after reading a lot of posts here I am moving more toward buying new rhon 45.

 OK, let me tell you what I want first.

 I would like a tower between 80 and 100' but like most hams, the cash is limited but I will have a tower !!!! and a ham shack to hide in...did I say hide???? lol

 I could dismantle my rhon 25 and add to it but for the small price difference between new 45 and adding more 25 sections to what I have now (and not being as stable, wind loads etc.) I am leaning toward a new rhon 45 install. (besides I could add more sections to the 45 later with a lot less headache if I wish to do so)

 I would be installing the tower myself , So I would need all the sections, jin pole etc.
 When I installed my 25-g tower, I used an extension ladder that I would strap onto the side of the tower to raise the next section. Not the best way to do it but it was safe if not time consuming.

 My question is, How would you raise such a tower?

 Is there a kit or something that you could order from say, texas towers that would have all the hardware needed? includeing guy wires etc? With good instructions? (I have been married 23 years so I am good at following instructions hi hi )

 Thanks
 Joe
 KI4ILB