[TowerTalk] Rain Induced Voltage

Phil Camera kb9cry at comcast.net
Fri Dec 1 11:46:18 EST 2006

"Do Polyphaser lightning arrestors drain static?  I thought they only shorted
to ground after reaching a preset high voltage.  He was only measuring 7
volts maximum on his coax.  If it did drain at 7 volts, what happens when
you transmit with a KW into a less than perfect antenna?  Does your RF also
drain and not reach the antenna?"

I personally use ICE devices.  Here's a link to a technical article comparing them to Polyphaser's design.

http://www.iceradioproducts.com/33.htm

I'm not sure about where the RF goes, but I've worked 340 all time, so my RF must be getting to the right place!

Phil  KB9CRY