[TowerTalk] Tram rope

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Mon Dec 18 16:21:13 EST 2006

It depends on the angle of the dangle, so to speak.  The the copy of the
YCCC Scuttlebutt article at the top of the page at:
http://www.k1ttt.net/technote/tram.html for calculating forces.  In the
examples I show that a 100# antenna can easily get over 500# tension on the
rope if you try to pull it too far out from the tower.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net