[TowerTalk] PE in California

Ronald, Douglas S douglas.s.ronald at lmco.com
Mon Feb 27 15:22:04 EST 2006


I'm in need of a registered PE on the left coast (California) to
sign-off on my building permit for an antenna I wish to install in a
remote area. All of the structural engineering has been done by a firm
in Maryland which of course doesn't count in CA. The PE would only need
communicate with the firm in Maryland to get the calculations needed to
satisfy the footing and tower structure. The vendor in Maryland has
installed numerous antennas of this model here in CA all for the
government where the local regulations don't apply. (naturally!) The
engineering company in Maryland will be happy to work with the CA PE
(for a fee of course, which I'll pay)

The antenna will be located in an area where if it does blow over, will
only hurt my pocketbook, however, the vendor claims their design is so
conservative that they have never had a failure. I take that back, they
had a longer element bend in a hurricane on Guam, but no tower failures.

I would appreciate any recomenndations anyone may have and the closer
this person is to San Jose, the better.

Thanks all,
-Doug Ronald AE6SY

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list