[TowerTalk] tower specs/not wind loads

ersmar@comcast.net ersmar at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 09:27:12 EST 2006

Mike:

     You're correct - the BX-series of antennas has a torque limit on them.  This is because they are assembled with rivets, not welds, between the cross pieces and between the cross pieces and the legs.  The rule of thumb with these towers is that a ten-foot long boom would impart just about the maximum safe wind-induced torque on the tower.  A longer boom might twist the thing apart.

     Caveat Amateur.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: "Mike Brown" <k9mi at sbcglobal.net>