[TowerTalk] trench tool - what works?

Bill Ogden ogden at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 24 09:28:01 EST 2006

Use larger conduit if at all possible and carefully dress the initial
cables in the conduit.  This will make it easier to pull future cables.
Leave a really good quality pull cord in it.  (The 1/4" black dacron stuff
seems to last well.)  Be certain the conduit can drain somehow.  There is
something illogical about how much condensation collects in an underground
conduit.  Test the drainage scheme before covering everything.  (Last point
painfully learned; I will need to dig up my conduit at some point.)

Bill   W2WO