[TowerTalk] Cadwelding vs Silver Solder for Ground Radial Systems

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Sun Jul 9 10:23:15 EDT 2006

Mike,

Don't do it!

Braid is a terrible choice for lightning or RF grounding, and its
much worse outdoors where corrosion will be a factor.   You
won't find a single knowledgeable source who would ever
recommend braid for lightning protection outdoors.

Your best choice is solid copper wire.  Tinned 2 AWG solid
copper is the "gold standard."

73!
Frank
W3LPL