[TowerTalk] concrete forms

kr7x at comcast.net kr7x at comcast.net
Mon Jul 31 15:33:35 EDT 2006

Adrian;

Do you really need C35 grade concrete? that is equivalent to 5000 psi concrete over here? I would think that C25 for a foundation like these would be adequate, code requirement?

The best way to ensure bond between pours with a long duration lapse between them is to use a concrete bonding agent. You clean the surface of the old concrete with water jet to get rid of debris and latency, then apply a coat of bonding agent prior to placing the new concrete. "Weldcrete" by Larsen is one agent common in the US, in the U.K. "Nitobond EP" by Fosroc should be available.

Regards
Lonberg Design Group, Ltd.

H.S. Lonberg, P.E.,S.E. / KR7X
President