[TowerTalk] side mounts

Nick Pair daweezil2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 17:24:29 EDT 2006

Another place to try for material to build is your electrical distributor or fastener wholesaler. They carry channel mounting systems ( TM. Unistrut, Kindorf, Erico) that you can mount channel to round or angle shaped legs. I have used the pipe straps and channel on rohn 25,45, 55 round legs and a square clamp for hdbx and trylon type towers. You can get the channel and clamps in plated, galvanized, aluminum, and stainless steel.
  I've mounted rotors and antennas this way for twenty years and had no failures.Just be sure to use a locktite type of compound to prevent nuts from backing off in wind vibration conditions.
  They have fittings that will allow you to build about anything you can imagine out of various combinations of this stuff. I have even thought of welding up some of the 20 foot sections of channel in a triangle or square tower and use the channel for a trolley in a hazer type of configuration. In stainless this would last forever.

  just 2 more cents to add to the pot

  Nick
  WB7PEK