[TowerTalk] FS: Heavy Duty Climbing Belt

doc kd4e at verizon.net
Tue Jun 6 12:35:54 EDT 2006

 > Blake Bowers wrote:
> Just as a note, that belt is NOT OSHA approved for
> climbing towers.  I realize you are not stating that it
> is, but the web link that you have states that it is.

I didn't notice that!  I bought this years ago, has
OSHA changed the standards?

This has an ANSI A10.14 standard on the plate:

<http://www.dbisala.com/us/resources/safetyreferences/>

It has a variety of numbers on the Miller name plate:

T 89  ??
8390  ??
D19118  ??
M  (Size)

I am guessing that the standards now include the
thigh straps, seat, and chest harness I recommended?

I also always used a secondary around-the-tower
strap that I added, in addition to the massive
clip.

The belt itself could probably be used to tow my
van it is so strong!  :-)

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e  http://bibleseven.com
Florida Home w/Rohn 45 in concrete base & 10 acres for sale: