[TowerTalk] Permanent fall arrest line?

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Thu Jun 15 09:42:52 EDT 2006

I'd like to install a permanent fall arrest line from top to bottom
of my tower that I could clip onto using a "rope grab" type of
device. I think the rock climbers call them "ascenders".

My question is what type of line or rope would be suitable for
permanent attachment? Most rope will deteriorate in sunlight and I
don't want something I can't trust. Perhaps a wire line, although the
rope grabbers I've seen so far are only for rope, not wire. How about
Phillystran?

Any advice appreciated.

Bill, W6WRT