[TowerTalk] re Radials

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Fri Jun 16 21:35:33 EDT 2006

On Jun 16, 2006, at 1:16 PM, Dave Tipton wrote:

> MY question...  If I were to lay down 8 radials on 80, 80 on 40 and
> 8 on 20 (The only 3 bands I'm really interested in), do you think
> this would give me sufficient performance to rely on it for some
> medium distance work?

Are these radials ground-mounted or elevated? If they are ground-
mounted, don't try to cut the radials to any particular length for
each band. Just put down 24 radials the same length as you would cut
for 80m.

If the radials are elevated, then the length becomes more critical,
and you might cut individual radials for each band.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901