[TowerTalk] Fall Arrest Post- fall response, A Medical Emergency

JC Smith jc-smith at comcast.net
Sun Jun 18 11:28:28 EDT 2006

Just a couple thoughts on this, comments welcome.

I'm sure there are a variety of harness styles, and some are much more
suited to hanging than others.  For years I used a spare skydiving harness
as a safety harness for roof work.  It was fairly comfortable and didn't cut
off any blood supply.  The guys flying paragliders sit in their harnesses
for hours.  Remember, these harnesses are designed not only to sit in but
also to handle opening shock, which can really ring your bell under certain
conditions.  I know, I know, it's not designed for tower climbing so I'm
sure I'll get a few "stern warnings" but just so you know, I also have a
"real" climbing harness and I feel just as safe (and a lot more comfortable)
in my parachute harness.  It was a lot cheaper too.

73 - JC