[TowerTalk] Vibrating Concrete...

K8RI on Tower talk k8ri-tower at charter.net
Sun Jun 18 23:21:54 EDT 2006

> In reference to the message and website below, I want to point something
> out about "concrete vibrating".
>
> It is HIGHLY recommended that you do this!  But as with anything else,
> "too much of a good thing can be BAD!"  You can actually OVER VIBRATE
> your concrete!  Let me explain...

What are your recomendations for vibrating "high fiber" concrete. We pour
the stuff so dry it takes a vibrator to get it down the chute.

A freind down in Kentucky (just north of Carrolton) did his entire basement
with high fiber (high strength)  some years back. I didn't pay a lot of
attention at the time, but what I did notice was basement walls that looked
lilke they were ready to paint.  Not a mark on them even from the forms.
OTOH my whole house including basement and main floor would fit in one
corner of that basement.  I'd guess the basement alone was close to 4,000 sq
ft.  He had a hugh back yard which ended in a cliff  and steps down to the
Ohio River. (It was a longggg way down) Man, what a place for a ham station.
He was a ham too, but inactive and I don't know if he ever got back on
before passing.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com