[TowerTalk] Thanks to all about mast inside tower

Stone, Gary R. Gary.Stone at va.gov
Thu Mar 2 08:40:17 EST 2006

Hi TT,

Thanks to all the great responses.  It may end up being one of those,
'wish I had done that first' kind of thing.  The tower is up and has two
antennas on the top.  One of them is an Optibeam OB-17-4 and weighs 215
lbs and the other is a Force12 at only 35 lbs but all in all a lot of
weight up there!  I just wish I had put the rotator at the bottom from
the start.  But, I may still have to take the antennas down at some
point with a crane and then I could redo it all with the rotator at the
bottom and thru a few thrust bearings.

Thanks again for all the input and I need to get ON4UNs book for sure.

Gary, N5PHT