[TowerTalk] XM240 INTERACTION WITH TRIBANDER

Bill Parry BPARRY at RGV.RR.COM
Wed Mar 8 11:38:47 EST 2006

Mine is resonant at 7.130 but the SWR rises much more quickly toward the
bottom of the band so:

2:1 Points are 7.029 - 7276. (Almost 3:1 at 7.000)

I don't particularly worry. My Alpha 87 (which is pretty picky about SWR)
works fine over the whole band. The antenna works very nicely on phone and
CW so you need not worry. The SWR may deteriorate more quickly because I
have a Force 12 C3 about 14 feet about it and the two antennas don't really
like each other. I had to turn them 90 degrees to get away from the
interaction.

I would follow Steve's advice and tune the antenna for 7.075.

Bill, W5VX