[TowerTalk] Tower bases and concrete.

Robert Thain g0hgw at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 05:42:04 EST 2006

'allo,

I am going to install my first tower. But I know
nothing about concrete.
I think this ia a very basic question.

What ratio of concrete to sand do I need ?
Are there differnt sorts of concrete and sand ? Are
there any special things I should add to the mix ?
Does it differ from country to country ?

I had thought about 'bulking out' the mix by adding
big rocks. If I have a 2mcube hole and I add 1mcube of
rocks, I then only need 1mcube of concrete. Is this a
good idea ?
I find these rock very heavy for their size, roughly
the same weight as concrete. I also have some old
concrete slabs I could add.

Also I would like to set some beverage posts in a
small concrete hole, would this be the same mix as for
the towerbase, ie sand:concrete ?

Thanks
Robert F5VHN f5vhn at yahoo.com