[TowerTalk] EHS or Philly?

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 15 12:00:45 EDT 2006

You may not be getting all the facts about Phillystran stretch and tower
failure scenarios.  My experience is that the stretch has not caused any
problem with my installation of a 150 foot 45G tower in very high wind
(hurricane Rita).  I use 6700.

I think it is possible to have a twisting failure associated with use of
multiple heavy beams on TIC Ringrotors.  It is for this reason that I am now
in the process of installing a star guy bracket at 115 feet.

73, Keith NM5G