[TowerTalk] antenna question

Gregg Seidl k9kl at centurytel.net
Fri Nov 17 18:22:58 EST 2006

Well I have a problem that I just don't get.I have an Ameritron RCS-4 on one
of my towers that feeds my A-3S,D-3W and an inverted V for 75 meters.This is
the first time I have used remote antenna switches,I also have a RCV-10.It
seems to me I've lost the sheild on the A-3.Is it possible that inside the
box the ground came loose?The other antennas work fine,switch and all.Get
this,the SWR is low on the tribander,but I can hear better on the inv. v or
WARC dipole then I can on the tribander when on tribanders freq.I have the
int v on position 1 tribander on 2 and WARC on 3,4 is empty.How do the
relays switch,can they arc and not make ground?Any help would be great.I
"think" the cable from the box to the beam is fine.It worked before I
installed the switchbox.Should I try a different position on the box,maybe
4?I'm stuck and SS is a coming!!Gregg  K9KL