[TowerTalk] HF Vertical Opinions NEEDED...

Rick Scott w7psk at w7psk.net
Sat Nov 25 13:18:23 EST 2006

At 09:15 AM 11/25/2006, you wrote:
>Howdy all...
>
>I am going to be relocating to a new QTH and was looking at getting
>a  new multiband vertical.  I would like to have something that
>would be for 40 - 15 meters.   I know there are lots of options out
>there, but just not sure which ones are really worth the money.  I
>have been steering more thowards the Hy-Gain.  Any help or opinions
>would greatly be appreciated.

I've always liked the Butternut HF6V.  When I was in Spain I had a
Cushcraft 5 band vertical and a friend of mine had this New Butternut
thing.  He consistently out did me in calls and sig reports.  When I
returned to the States in 82 I bought one and loved it.   It was
fantastic until I got the A3.  Ive been thinking of getting another
one (Last move they trashed it and didn't pay me crap for it) to put up here.

Scotty W7PSK
10-10 33700
Everett, Washington
Found on 14.070 or 28.120 PSK31 most times.