[TowerTalk] stacking monobanders

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Tue Nov 28 16:02:32 EST 2006

I disagree with your disagreement ... hi.

Per my earlier message, there is 2db difference for a 2 element 40m yagi
at 60 feet versus 45 feet.  That's about the same as the difference
between a 2 element and a 3 element yagi.  What I didn't mention before
is that having a yagi too low also degrades the azimuth pattern and
loses a lot of QRM rejection.

No offense meant, but anecdotal results don't help in making good
antenna decisions.  I've worked Bouvet with a short 40m vertical and 100
watts, and I've worked FR5 on 20m with 5 watts to a low vertical loop.
Neither would be my preference for antennas.  A QTH in VE5 might make my
wishlist for generating a pileup during a contest, though ;)

73,
Dave  AB7E