[TowerTalk] Tower in the woods

Richard M. Gillingham rmoodyg at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 10 18:08:49 EDT 2006

Congrats on the SteppIR...

Don't know how things are in your area as far as wind goes, but since you're
going with a guyed tower, you should be sure no tree or substantial branch
can fall on a guy.  That would compromise the tower much more readily than
wind alone.  I'd guess that most guyed tower failures, assuming proper
engineering and installation, are caused by something hitting a guy.

So srtipping the forest isn't necessary, but protecting the tower/guys is.

My $0.02.

Good luck with the project.

Gil, W1RG