[TowerTalk] How best to keep the rebar cage centered in the hole?

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Thu Oct 12 08:57:13 EDT 2006

W7SW:
 >What is the best way to keep the rebar cage in the center of the hole as I
pour the concrete?

         I always attach my first section of
guyed tower to the base and then guy it with 3 wires
to stakes 4-5' away from the base.  It's important to
always make sure the base section is plumb so I use a
vertical level on each of the 3 legs when guying.  I
then also check it immediately after the concrete is
poured to make sure the concrete pour did not cause
movement.  It's very easy to adjust the entire
structure while the concrete is still wet.

         The above might not work for crank-ups (no
experience) but it works very well for guyed towers.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV