[TowerTalk] The Unguyed Tower

kd4e kd4e at verizon.net
Sun Oct 22 22:41:55 EDT 2006

>   I have read some threads in the archives about this....but it would be nice to know if anyone is doing this now?  I was thinking about spending the money and buy a self supporting crank up, but the cost is ...well....stupid for my bank account.  You would think that you could do this with 50 foot of 45G and about 10 yards of concrete.
>
>   Comments?
>
>   Lee - K0WA

I would personally not hesistate to do what you
have proposed on a freestanding Rohn 45 at 50 feet.
(We have our 10 acres and home for sale so tower
construction is on hold.)

I frequently see crank-up tilt-overs here in FL
for $200. - $300. used.

That would seem an elegant and afforable solution.

I have a heavy duty one here in my yard that has
gone begging for a new owner at $175.!  (It *may*
be purchased for use by the Boy Scouts as it
includes a needs-work elevated trailer.)

You may want to post a Wanted around your area
Clubs, in the Classifieds, and online and see
what may be offered.

73, doc KD4E