[TowerTalk] Preserving Fiberglass Tubing -

NPAlex at aol.com NPAlex at aol.com
Wed Oct 25 13:13:53 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/25/2006 12:03:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:
I've located a piece of fiberglass tubing that I want to use for a cross
boom on my V-UHF tower to mount a 1.2Gz loop yagi. The piece I've found
is rather weathered and is frayed in several places on the tube. Can
anyone advise what would be a good way to stop the fraying and what to
coat it with to stop it from happening again?

Julio, W4HY
Use an opaque epoxy based paint.   Black, Dark Blue or Dark Green is
preferred.

Regards,
Norm W4QN