[TowerTalk] Rugged Terrain Low Yagi Supports

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 26 00:42:05 EDT 2006

At 08:50 PM 10/25/2006, K6VVA wrote:
>I am seeking ideas for several makeshift, temporary fixed yagi supports to
>be used in a very inaccessible rugged terrain location to be hopefully used
>for domestic contests.
><snip>

What about some sort of big tripod.  We used to have "rain towers"
that we would erect on set.  They were basically pieces of pipe
arranged in a tripod with some fittings that would allow you to
support a big nozzle and a 4" fire hose full of water up 30-40' in
the air. (no, we didn't put them up with the hose charged).

If you spread the base out, with remarkably little bracing, you can
get up pretty high.  Think in terms of 8-10 foot sections.

What about guyed scaffolding?  30-40 ft is no problem.

If you don't have to be pretty, or visually inconspicuous, there's a
lot of things you can do.