[TowerTalk] Rohn tower bolts

Bill Parry BPARRY at RGV.RR.COM
Fri Sep 1 17:49:47 EDT 2006

Your experience in this is clearly far greater than mine. I inspected the
bolts that were visible from the ground and I didn't see any evidence of any
rust. He told me that three bolts were missing and that there was evidence
of rust around the holes. My assumption was that maybe the bolts were
somehow "deficient". Since he told me he would put the bolts in for free
this weekend, he has no reason to misrepresent the situation. It is
certainly possible that your presumption is exactly correct and that the
tower has been up for 5 years without these bolts and without anyone
noticing. Whatever the cause, they will be replaced tomorrow morning and my
problem resolved.

Bill, W5VX